topbella

Friday, January 31, 2014

Words Can Do Amazing Things, By Beatrix C.

Words Can Do Amazing Things 
  
By Beatrix C. 

 BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! "Uhhhhh." I groaned. I shoved my hand out from beneath the covers and groped around for my alarm. I found the alarm and the button that would shut it up. I created a fist and swung down on it. BAM! It shut up. "I hope I hit the snooze button." I thought. "I need 5 more minutes." 

The door swung open. "BEATRIX!" My best friend practically screamed. "Gah!" I cried out. I shot up and surveyed the room. I spotted her. "Renata, DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN!" She laughed. "How did you get in here anyways?" I looked at my watch. "It's 6 in the morning!" 

"Your mom let me in. I just knew you were gonna sleep in!" I stretched and yawned. "Well why wouldn't I? It's a Friday. School doesn't start till 8:59!” I growled. 

"That may be so, but we're gonna miss all the dresses!" I sighed. That's Renata for ya. "Look, 'Nata, I know you're trying to help, but I'm going somewhere else to get my dress. Somewhere that's better then Macy's. Somewhere that I can get vintage dresses." 

"Pfffffffffft!" Renata laughed. "As if!" "It's also pretty cheap." "Whatever. I can see my efforts were a waste." I rolled my eyes. "Not entirely. You got me up." "Yeah..... I suppose." "Well, you can leave now. Go have some cereal. I know you didn't have breakfast." 

"That's not-" Groooooowl. "Suuuuure. Go. Shoo." "Fine...." She closed the door and left. "Whew!" I sighed. I got out of bed and did a full stretch. I made my bed and went to inspect myself in my full body mirror. I looked terrible. "I am the ugliest thing on Earth. And besides that, I may be just the flattest chested girl in my entire school! It's not fair!" Tears started forming. "I don't understand." I whispered. "Why God? Why, why, why?" I sat on my bed, my face on my hands. 

"Beatrix... Beatrix do you hear me? You are not ugly. You are beautiful in every way." "Huh? I looked up. "God?" I looked around. I sighed. "Just my conscience trying to cheer me up..." I looked at the mirror again. Every imperfection. Every freckle, every mole. Every hair on my legs and arms. Why won't mom let me shave? Why can't I wear make up to conceal? More tears came. Why am I so scared that he doesn't like me back? He... Elijah... "The dance is tonight....." I thought. "Well it's now or never. I have to ask him today." I said aloud. I put on my school uniform. A maroon skirt with a white polo. Black shoes and knee high socks."I'm ready." I thought. I went into the bathroom and noticed the razor. I looked at my legs. The hair was dark. Dark enough to be noticeable. "I don't care what Mom says. I'm shaving!" I rolled down my socks and lightly pulled the razor over my hair. As long as I didn't press down very hard, I'd be okay. In a matter of minutes, my legs were hair free. I put lotion on to make it less noticeable. "Awesome!" I smiled. 

I went back into my room and picked up my school bag. I went downstairs, and into the kitchen. I was greeted by a full Renata. "Hello." "Hi!" Renata had a satisfied look on her face. "2 whole bowls! I better not gain any weight." She pouted. "Well. That's your fault if you do." Renata stuck her tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes. I put my bag down and went to the fridge, I got some yogurt out. I grabbed and spoon and set it on the table. 

"That's all you're gonna eat?" 

"No. I'm going to get a bowl and put some granola in it with the yogurt. Tastes really good actually." "Suuuuuuure." Renata thought that sounded gross. "Meh." I crunched on the mixture. By the time I was done it was 8:00. "We may as well head on to school. No use dilly dallying." "I suppose." "Well come on then. Into the car!" 

I opened the door to the garage. I pulled my keys out and unlocked the car. "Shotgun's open!" 

"Yay! It's not full of books." "Whatever." I smiled. I got into the drivers seat and turned on the car. I clicked the button that opened the door. I backed out, and before I got onto the street, hit the button again to close the door. By the time we got to school, it was roughly 8:30. I parked in the school parking lot. We got out and smiled. "Last one to the front door is a dance loser!" Renata cried. "You're on!" We raced to the door. I was almost there, Renata a fees paces behind me. SMACK! I ran into someone, knocking me back on my behind. The world swam around me a bit. 

"Beatrix, Beatrix, are you okay?" A face slowly came into view. "Yeah." Elijah bent over me. "ACK! I'm so sorry! Did I hurt you?" I blushed. He stood up and held out his hand. He helped me up. "No, but you look like you got hurt." "No, I'm fine." "You sure?" "Positive." I turned around and started to walk away. He out his hand on my shoulder. "Wait." I turned around. "Yes?" He looked uncomfortable. My heart pounded. "I know it's kinda last minute, but-" "ELIJAH!" Fabian crashed into his best friends. I jumped back a little. "How about you tell me later?" "Sure." I blushed and turned away. I walked towards Renata. She was smiling. "Uhhh," "Nope, don't wanna hear it." "But," "I know you like him." "Well naaaaah, I told you." "He was about to ask you something wasn't he?" "I dunno," I looked back. The two boys were rough housing. Well, it looked like Elijah was about to kill Fabian. "Fabian kinda ruined the moment. He's gonna tell me later." 

"Uh huh. Well, let's get into home room. School starts in like 10 minutes." She opened the door to the school. "Oh and I totally beat you." "Oh come on! You didn't crash into somebody!" "Don't care, still won." "Renata!" I walked in after her. BRRRRRRRRING! "Lunch time!" The class cried. "Now settle down class! Don't forget, you-"The teacher turned around. No one was there. "Kids." She grumbled. I walked as quickly as she could to the cafeteria. I turned down the hall when I saw Elijah. "Hey." He looked up. "Hey." "So, ya wanna tell me what you were gonna tell me when we were in front of the school?" "Yeah....." He blushed. "I know this is kind of last minuet, but will you go to the dance with me?" Silence. "I guess it's no." He looked downcast. He turned to go. "Wait!" He turned around. "Sorry, I was, I guess speechless. Yes, I'll go with you. His face brightened. "Great!" He blushed, so did I. "Well, I guess I'll see you at 7." "See ya." He turned and left. Luna headed on to the cafeteria. "YEEEEEEEEEEEES!" I thought. "Wait till I tell Renata." I rushes quickly. I opened the door to the cafeteria and spotted Renata almost immediately. I quickly rushed over to her. "You will not believe what just happened." "What?" "Elijah asked me to the dance!" "No way!" "Yes way!" "Eeeeeee! Excited!" "Me too." I sat down. I opened my lunch sack and stared at it for a bit. "Schools over after lunch cause of the dance right?" I asked Renata. "Yeah, why?" "That gives me plenty of time to get a dress." I opened my lunch sack and scarfed down my food. I grabbed Renata's hand. "Let's go!" "Wait! I have t finished my lunch!" "Well finish that last bite, I need to find the perfect dress!" "Oway, oway." Renata said, her mouth full. She swallowed and ran after me. "Oh, look at the dresses!" Renata cried. "Told you all girls should ditch Macy's and come here." 

"Yeah, yeah whatever. I think I'll get my dress here too. And it is pretty cheap of all this is vintage." "Hey 'Nata, is it formal, or can we wear short dresses?" "It's not formal, but a sort of long dress would look great on you. Fitted around your body, free from waist down, perfect for dancing." "Yeah..." I looked through the dresses. My eyes fell on a royal blue one. It's was perfect! It wasn't strapless, but the strap went around the neck. The bust line was a little low for comfort, but that could easily be pinned. It had a brooch in the middle, and skirt area was free and flowing.

"I think I'm going to try this one on." "Okay." Renata called. She was looking through another rack. I went into the changing room. Took off my outer clothes and looked at myself. "Hey, I'll be lucky if I'll even look good..." I sighed. I slipped the dress on. It fell around me as I went over my head. I got out of the changing room and went to find Renata. I found her rummaging through some short strapless dresses. "So, how do I look?" She turned around.

"You look gorgeous!" "Yeah, well I don't feel like it." "Oh come on, are still not over what your dad said to you those years ago?" "He called me an ugly lowlife! That I wasn't worthy to be his daughter!" "He was drunk!" "I don't care! Isn't there that old saying that when you're drunk, you're true colors show?"

"Beatrix, that's not true! He's just one person! Are you afraid Elijah might say the same?!? If he thought that, why would he ask you to the dance? I see the way he looks at you, he likes you, you just don't pay attention!"

"He, he does?" Tears spilled over. "Yes! He cares about you, as did your dad. Your dad, he had some kind of disorder. He didn't mean it. He didn't mean the things he said to you. Look, he's in Heaven now. He's probably singing his praises. Your daddy was a good man Beatrix, a good man. And you have another Daddy you can rely on. God."

"How do you know all this?"

"Because your mother was too afraid to tell you. She didn't know how you would react. So she told me to tell you when I thought you were ready. And I thought you were ready. Beatrix you look beautiful. Look at yourself!" Renata pushed me to the mirror.

"Look at yourself." I stared at the girl staring back at me. Who was this? Who was this beautiful girl? "That's you Beatrix. That's you."

"God?" I whispered. "Is that you?" "Yes. And like I said earlier, you are beautiful in every way."

"Thank you God, or my other Daddy. You've been there the whole time huh? The little voice inside my head." I smiled.

"Well," Renata said happily. "You go buy that dress. And I'll keep looking." She shoved me towards the cashier. "I have to change out of it first!" "Well, go change!" "Okay, okay!" I quickly went back to the changing room and changed. I came out a rushed to the cashier. I checked he price tag. "Only $24.00. Dang..." "I would like to buy this dress." "Okay, debit, cash, or credit?" "Cash." I smiled. The lady looked up at me. "Have fun!" "Um, sure." I walked back to where Renata was still looking. She had a lavender strapless in her hand. "What about this?" "Well I wouldn't know since you haven't tried it on yet." "Okay, I'll go try it." She. Are back in a couple of minutes. "So?" She stunning. The strapless short dress looked great! 


 "It looks wonderful. Now go change out of that. You should get it." 

"Okay, I will." She was in and out in a matter of minutes. She quickly bought the dress. 

"Let's get to your house so I can get my make up on. It's like, 6." "we've been here that long?!" "Yeah, shopping takes a while." "Yeah, yeah. Let's go!" Renata had gone back to her house after her makeup had been put on, cause her date was going to meet her there. I examined myself in my mirror. I looked beautiful, and I knew it. Ding dong! "He's here!" I hurried downstairs. When I got to the door, I breathed for a moment, then opened it. "Hey." I said as I opened it. "When he got a good look at me, he didn't say anything.He doesn't like it? I fretted. "Gosh, you look amazing!" "Thanks! Well let's go!" Beatrix and Elijah had a good time that night. Beatrix learned it didn't matter what others said, she was still beautiful, and God thought so too. She also learned that she had another Daddy, even if her biological one had deceased. Renata and her date had a good time too, till he tried to kiss her. He got punch all over him.
THE END

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors