topbella

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Buttercup - Faith Like a Little Child, By Bella

The Buttercup - Faith Like a Little Child

By Bella

I plucked the delicate sunflower from its dirt-home and breathed in the fragrance of nature. I was sitting down next to Goria, a little toddler whom I was like a sister too. I pushed the flower into her glossy black hair and she laughed when I tickled her ear. She looked at the dirt around her that was dotted with flowers. She then frowned.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, weaving together a crown of sunny daffodils. She pointed to a wilted brown buttercup in the midst of fully ripe rich-colored lilacs. “Oh,” I said, pulling the buttercup and gently petting it with my fingers.

“Why would God do that?” she asked, looking up at me like the little girl she was. I frowned, then put the buttercup down and sighed.

“Gloria,” I started, “God doesn’t make things happen just because he wants them too. He does things because he makes things work out for the ultimate good.” She looked confused for a while, and let the information sink in, then she finally asked,

“How does He do that?”

"Hmmm,” I thought. Then I said,
<
“Well, remember yesterday? When you and I were sitting down and we were sulking about not being able to dance that night?” She nodded at me. “Well, then later we heard that if we did dance, we would’ve gotten sick because there was a sickness going around?” She nodded again. “Well, then God worked things out for the good, because if we did dance, we would’ve gotten sick!” Her eyes widened,

“Wow! If God can do that, He must be a wizard!”

I laughed, “God is much greater than that! Think about how He made up every single of these flowers, from the colorful tulips to the pink lilies!”

“Well, then how will God work out this buttercup for the good?” She asked me, holding the buttercup up to my face. I grabbed the buttercup, and tickled her nose with it,

“God is a mysterious God; we can’t pretend to know His ways and ideas. Let’s let God make up something.”

“God is the greatest person in the big entire world!” Goria said, stretching out her arms as wide as she could. I laughed and spread mine out with hers too.

“Amen,” I said, as we both ran around, our arms stretching to God’s greatness.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors