topbella

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Diamond’s Presentation, By Kaitlyn F.

Diamond’s Presentation

 By Kaitlyn F.


Part 1
“Come on Diamond. What is so scary about speaking in front of a group.” Sapphire exclaimed. Sapphire and Diamond were riding the public bus home from school, and as normal they were the only ones on the bus.

“Diamond, this is a once and a life time event. You were chosen to speak in front of the whole church. Every teenager at our church wanted to speak but you were chosen and God has a reason for it. You can’t back out know.” said Steve, the bus driver. Steve, Diamond and Sapphire all went to the same church. Steve was a mentor to the two girls and they talked everyday on the way home from school.

“This is a great opportunity, but I don’t think I can do it.” Diamond looked down at the ground, and Sapphire changed the topic of discussion. They talked about shoes, their math test that they took that day, and about the cutest guy in school, Brad, but not once did Diamond look up.

“Sapphire, this is your stop.” Sapphire stood up, and headed to the exit. Before she left, Sapphire made one last comment, “Just remember, I believe in you.” With that said, Sapphire left the bus, and she headed home. Without another word said, the bus drove on and for the next five minutes the bus went on with its route in complete silence.

Finally, the bus reached Diamond’s stop. Diamond stood up and headed towards the door.

“Diamond wait. I know how hard this is for you so I want to give you this.”

“What is this?”

“It’s a book I had about encouragement. If you want it I would suggest going to page 88 and start reading from there.” Steve handed the book to Diamond, and diamond took the book and shoved it inside her coat. With a thank you, Diamond turned and exited the bus and headed for home.

Later that night, Diamond finally found some alone time in her room. She reached into her coat, took out the book, and opened it to page 88. Diamond started reading, hoping for a way to get out of this. Instead she found something that she wasn’t looking for. Diamond grabbed a pen and scribbled something on her arm, and she left her room to get ready for tomorrow. She washed her hair, braided it for the next day, and she chose her outfit that she would wear. She originally was going to wear jeans and a T-Shirt, but she decided that this opportunity, she needed to have a little more class.


Part 2

“We may not have to literally fight a giant with a slingshot and a stone, but we each have our Goliaths in our lives that we have to face. When you trust God those Goliaths don’t seem as big as they did before. Take me for example, I was afraid of getting on this stage, but with God’s help, I was able to present today.” Diamond concluded as she was nearing the end of her presentation. She had done it, she presented in front of the church, and not once did she puke, or trip, or totally blank on what to say next. Diamond finished her presentation with a simple prayer, “Lord, help each and every one of us face, and defeat our Goliath’s in our lives. Amen.” With that she walked of stage to where her friends and family were waiting for her.

“That was amazing Diamond. I’m so proud of my daughter.” Her mom exclaimed. After a few minutes of congratulations for the job well done, she was able to find her friend, Sapphire, and her bus driver, Steve.

“Diamond, I’m so proud of you. I thought that you wouldn’t do it after the way you acted the other day on the bus.”

“I wasn’t sure that I would be able to do it either. It is all thanks to Steve for giving me the book of encouragement.” Diamond smiled and Steve, and Steve blushed a little. He couldn’t believe that he could make that big of an impact on her by giving her a book. Sapphire stared at Diamond with a confused look on her face. Diamond faced Sapphire, knowing how lost she was. “Steve gave me a book on encouragement, and the section I read was about David and Goliath. I was so excited to do the presentation afterwards, knowing that I wasn’t alone.”

“I’m proud of you Diamond. My favorite verse was 17:37. Um… How did it go?”

“ It goes, ‘The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.’ I liked this verse two, because David put all his confidence in the Lord, and I figured that if I could put more of my confidence in the Lord, then I could make it through the presentation.” Diamond said. She could stop smiling, because with her trust in the Lord, she did something she never though she could do.

“I’m so proud of you!” Sapphire threw her arms around Diamond. Steve joined the group hug, and afterwards they all went home together on the bus, and Diamond smiled all the way home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors